Purpose of Programme
1. Holding that quality education is a worthwhile goal for its own sake and is essential to the future of our nation, the purpose of the Captain General’s Diamond Jubilee Bursary Programme (CGDJBP) is to promote, encourage and sponsor educational programs and activities while lowering financial and social barriers to post-secondary education and encouraging student achievement.
2. The CGDJBP was authorized by The RCA Regimental Fund Executive Board (The Board) as an integral component of The RCA’s celebration of the Diamond Jubilee of the Captain General in 2012. It was recognized that while qualified family members of serving Regular Force members of The RCA were eligible for The George G. Blackburn Memorial Bursary Programme, there was no equivalent program for the families of serving members of the Primary Reserve component of The RCA. The CGDJBP serves to address that gap.
3. Funds are allocated annually from the RCA Heritage Programme to finance bursary awards to advance academic achievement. Currently there are a maximum of 5 bursaries of $1000 each.
4. Qualified immediate family members of all serving Primary Reserve members of The RCA are eligible to apply for a bursary.
5. Qualified family members are spouse, son or daughter, or under the legal guardianship, of Primary Reserve members of The RCA.
6. Applicants must be enrolled in an institute of higher learning or must be continuing their studies at the aforementioned institute. Such an institute can be a college, technical institute or university. Attendance may be full time, part time or by correspondence, and the program of study must lead to a certificate, diploma or degree.
7. A maximum of two bursaries maybe awarded through the life of an individual.
8. Application forms for the bursaries are at the bottom of the page. Applications must be returned to the Chairman of the CGDJBP Committee at the address provided by 30 Sep of each calendar year.
9. Once applications are received by the CGDJBP Committee, the bursaries will be awarded based on the decisions of that Committee.
10. All applicants will be notified by mail as soon as committee results are known. A member of the RCA will contact the successful candidates for the presentation of a $1000 cheque. Notification will be controlled by RHQ on behalf of the Regimental Colonel.